Fashion Mole is an evolving space that looks at fashion through the lenses of art history, social justice, pop culture, and shallow consumerism. Through the blog, our writers hope to create an innovative space in which to investigate fashion in larger cultural contexts and play with ideas that are new, provocative, or just plain fun.
HOW WE’RE ORGANIZED
Our posts are organized into 3 main categories. The first, “For the Brain,” hosts our more cerebral articles, particularly those relating to art, architecture, race, gender, sexuality, or globalization. “For the Eyes” features our more style and runway-focused articles, including runway reviews, trend analysis, color recaps, and street style. Lastly, “For Fun” showcases everything else, like “Project Runway” recaps and a potpourri of news.
For questions or comments, or for submitting a post, please contact Rafael at FashionMole@gmail.com.
GET TO KNOW US
Take a look at some of our favorite posts thus far:
- Rem Koolhaas and Neil Barrett Envision the Future
- The Limits of Globalizing Fashion
- Do Only White Models Get to be Ugly?
- Bisected Imagery in Fashion and Architecture
- Voyeurs and Flashers at Martin Margiela
- Does American Apparel’s Ching Chong Hat Offend You?
- Hailee Steinfeld and Elle Fanning are Definitely Too Cool for School
- Mugler’s “Brothers of Arcadia” Video: Art or Porn?
- Creating New Sexual Imagery: The Work of John Currin and Terry Richardson